Home Office Essentials – For Under $500
Working and learning has definitely had some major changes this past year. More and more people are working from home or going virtual with school due to the recent major socio economic upheaval we’ve experienced. This means that maybe the occasional time you worked at your kitchen table or sofa won’t work for the long term. You want to have the area you are working or learning from to be an inviting, and functional space.
A major issue people are facing when trying to create their new home office is how on earth do you buy stuff when everything is closed or at limited capacity?? How do you not spend a fortune doing so? This is why I put together an office space that is not only practical and compact for any area, but looks great and can make you feel inspired.
Did we mention that everything we used is available for delivery or curbside pick up AND it all comes in under $500?? We even put the product links below if you want to recreate this look in your home! Those are wins in our books.
- Desk – Jysk
- Chair – IKEA
- Jute Rug – Wayfair
- Shelf – IKEA
- “But First, Coffee” Printable – The Lodge Prints, Etsy
- Frame – Ikea
- Pink Abstract Art Printable – The Printable Concept, Etsy
- Stamped Books – Becia Design , Etsy
- Woven Storage Boxes (set of 3) – Ikea
- Aloe Vera Plant – The Home Depot
- Palm Plant – The Home Depot
- Large Planter – Ikea
- Small Planter – Amazon
- Grid Wall Panel – Amazon
- Mermaid Mug – Amazon
Here was our design process:
- Choose items that are neutral, easy to personalize, and applicable to almost any space.
- Use wood tones and natural greenery to warm up the space and bring a feeling of the outdoors in.
- Source items that are readily available for curbside pickup, or can be delivered within a short period of time, like with amazon prime.
You don’t have to break the bank to design with purpose and love your space. All you need is a goal, some inspiration and a bit of direction.
We would love to see what you’ve done with your own at-home work space! Tag us on social media to share with us!